Brussels Sprouts, Peanut And Pumpkin Seed Salad Recipe
Long gone are the days of the over-boiled, slimy mini-cabbages – this festive warm salad recipe is all about lightly browned, crunchy little gems.
The toasted peanuts and pumpkin seeds work magic, bringing out the savoury nuttiness of the sprouts.
This recipe is from Detox Kitchen Vegetables by Lily Simpson (published by Bloomsbury Publishing).
- 40g dried cranberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150g quinoa
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced lengthways
- Rapeseed oil for frying
- 250g Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped peanuts
- Flaked sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped, to garnish
You may also like...
What to Do Next
Stay up to date with all the latest eco news and features. We plant trees for every subscriber. Every 100th subscriber wins their own tree.
Support Us On
From £3 a month. Help us invest in new journalism on topics that matter to you.
Join Our Facebook
Ask questions and share tips, recipes and your green wins in our super friendly Facebook community, the pebble pod.