Topics to explore
Dog Friendly Glamping: Cornwall's Best Spots
Travel in the UK ideas
Travel and exciting holidays don't have to always mean going abroad.
From luxury sustainable hotels and country estates to finding truly off the beaten track camping spots, the UK has an incredible array of experiences to give you that proper holiday feeling without leaving the country.
And a domestic holiday is more sustainable.
- You're not hopping on a plane - which is the most carbon intensive thing you can do.
- You'll be supporting a local economy in your own country, keeping your hard earned money supporting people that need it here.
- You'll likely to use less single use plastic as you won't be passing through an airport or ferry terminal. And you'll be able to take more reusable items with you like coffee cups and picnic kits.
- Embrace the Uk's incredible countryside with walking and cycling holidays that have a much lower carbon impact.
How to reduce your holiday's carbon emissions
All holidays produce carbon emissions, just as everything we do does. It's not just about whether you fly or not fly - there are a lot of ways we can reduce our impact no matter if you're going away for a weekend or for a year.
If you're staying in the UK and having a flight free holiday there are lots more ways you can reduce your carbon emissions.
- Take the train rather than driving
- Have a cycling or walking holiday
- Use public transport to move around once you're at your holiday destination
- Book into an eco-hotel (check out our eco-hotel reviews)
- Get off grid completely and go wild camping
- Eat seasonally and choose dishes made of local ingredients
- Support restaurants that source food locally
- Take your own zero waste kit to reduce the need for single use plastic
- Take reusable, plant based toiletries
- Support local conservation efforts by booking tours or donating to nature reserves or other experiences
Here at pebble we focus mostly on slow travel and plane free ideas for your next holiday and we love to bring you experiences that feature the best of the outside world, from dog-friendly glamping escapes to wild swimming spots.
Sponsor this topic
Be visible to consumers looking for sustainable living tips and products!Email pebble
What to Do Next
Stay up to date with all the latest eco news and features. We plant trees for every subscriber. Every 100th subscriber wins their own tree.
Join our Digital
Community For Free
Ripples helps you smash your sustainable goals. Share your journey, ask questions and inspire others.
Sign up To
Join our new business group in our Community. Collaborate and network with other ethical entrepreneurs.
2021 Staycation Ideas
Make the most of a British holiday this year