These pancakes are brilliant for using up any leftover food.
You can throw any leftover veggies into the batter.
The recipe comes from chef Shane Jordan, who is a plant-based, zero waste chef and the author of Food Waste Philosophy.
- 280g gram flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 100 grams mixed vegetables finely chopped
- 1 pre-cooked tin kidney beans
- Stir the gram flour and curry powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the water and mix until the mixture resembles a pancake mix, not too runny and not too thick.
- Boil the mixed vegetables in water, until soft.
- Heat the tinned kidney beans and then add them and the boiled veg to the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and spoon in one ladle of the batter. Fry on one side for a minute or two; then cook the other side by flipping with a spatula.
- Serve when pancakes are lightly browned on both sides.