Ethical And Online: 5 Best New Sustainable Stores You'll Want To Spend At
Shopping online is an amazing way to buy ethically. You can browse at your leisure and easily weigh up prices, products and principles. These gorgeous new online stores have everything you need to stay fully sustainably stocked.
Wed 20 Nov 2019
Add these pretty online stores to your regular sustainable shopping routine. They stock a wide range of zero waste, vegan, natural and durable essentials.
Some of them will stay in your zero waste kit for years, like camping gear and ceramics. Other pieces will become store cupboard favourites that you can stock up on every few months without creating any unnecessary waste, like toothpaste and beard oil.
Happy online window shopping!
5 Best New Sustainable Stores You'll Want To Spend At
- Travel mugs
They understand that many people who want to shop ethically are perturbed by prices. This new eco-friendly store strive to stock products that are easy on the purse strings.
This being said, Aube also stand firm in the fact that these items must be high quality, as must the working conditions and wages of the people who make them.
Aube are also committed to constantly learning about the latest low-impact practices. So, watch this brand as they continue to grow greater and greener.
So far they are officially:
- Cruelty Free
- Chemical Free
- CO2 Neutral
Aube’s sustainable drawstring bag is already pretty full, but they also give 10% of their profits to the brilliant Buses For Homeless charity.
2. Natural x Lab
- Their women’s range includes sophisticated, high-end clothes and accessories, some of which squeeze over the £500 mark.
- Their Home selection has a range of products, from cushions, to crystals to candles. It costs between £20 and £45 to fill your bathroom with an eco-friendly fragrance.
- Beauty oils, masks and balms are spread around the £35 mark.
Natural x Lab endeavour to use aesthetics and ethics to make your life more sustainable and less stressful.
Speaking of which, their eco criteria includes:
- Using organic and natural ingredients, like organic cotton and vegan friendly ink.
- Stocking durable products, designed to last. Their range of women’s bags are built from hardy and kind vegan leathers, recycled polyester and re-purposed wood. Sleek and minimal, these stylish classics will stand by you.
- Re-manufacturing and repairing existing items, to reduce the environmental impact of landfills
3. Made with Respect
Made With Respect is an ethical American brand that covers beautifully crafted:
- Men’s, women’s and kids’ fashion and accessories, which fall between $25 and $450
- Homeware, including cloths, bags and bibs for $20 or under, and bedroom quilts for almost $300
- Self care products, which slide up to $60
- Camping gear that pitches up at between $370 and $670
Products from a whole host of health and eco-conscious brands are featured on this online space.
The company aims to create a world in which owning beautiful, professionally crafted possessions does not cost the earth and enriches your life. Their focus falls on protecting the planet, its species and its inhabitants.
Having recognised that brands that truly live by these principles are hard to find, they seek them out on our behalf. That’s why, their stock is exclusively from businesses that uphold one or more of the pillars on which their online platform stands. These are:
- Devotion to craftsmanship.
- Transparent supply chains.
- Chemical and toxin free natural materials and ingredients.
- Recycled, upcycled and regenerated materials that reduce waste.
- Contributions to making the world a better place.
4. The Wilderpeople
The Wilderpeople pride themselves on selecting pieces that really suit their style, while being truly sustainable. Their job is to work their way through the tangled interweb to find:
- Accessories. Wear Wilderpeople jewellery for between £20 and £100
- Homeware. Beautiful plant hangers, ceramic jugs and wooden plates begin at £6 and go up to £80.
- Beauty products. Conditioner, vegan soap and biodegradable body glitter are between £6 and £16.
They are an online conscious human collective, seeking to steer people away from succumbing to the single-use purchase. They further this cause by finding fashionable and ethical products that encourage consumers to make the kinder choice.
The Wilderpeople make sure your purchases are really planet and people friendly in a number of ways:
- In the spirit of transparency, every month, The Wilderpeople devote a journal entry to their favourite brand. They discuss why they work with them and which sustainable steps they are implementing.
- They pledge to donate 2% of the total value of each order to charity. 1% will go to Trees, to help protect the planet. The other 1% will be given to charity Young Minds, to help humans.
- The Wilderpeople use recycled packaging derived from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified trees and recycled stock.
- This company work with brands who use recycled materials and traditional craft techniques.
5. The Kind Store
This 100% vegan online store is aiming to bring about positive societal change by curating a collection of exclusively vegan, natural and sustainable everyday items. They are bringing them all together under one online roof to make it easy for people to opt for the ethical option.
There are some great, hard to come by finds at the Kind Store. Shop for:
- Vegan wax wraps. These super soy alternatives for the popular beeswax wraps will keep your food fresh for just £10.00
- Guys, you’ll find it easier to stay green too. The Kind Store have some special staples for Him like beard oil, which will only set you back £10 and shaving soap for under £5.
- They are also broadening out the plastic free period repertoire, with their reusable cloth pads. A pack of these will keep you protected for between £8 and £27.
The kindness extends beyond the great products too. This store supports Tower Hill Animal Sanctuary. 10% of their profits go towards the food and care of rescued animals in Essex.
The site is set up so that you can either shop by collection, or by your values. That means when you are in need of jewellery or extra toiletries you can tailor your search to these. Or, if you want to peruse in line with your principles, you can see just compostable or plastic free pieces.