Don’t know what to do with leftover strawberries?
Mash them up and turn them into a strawberry syrup and then make this delicious long vodka based cocktail – which is just the taste of summer.
It’s perfect for a long summer afternoon in the garden!
FAIR. is the leading independent, international brand of ethical, fairtrade spirits. FAIR. Vodka is made using FairTrade quinoa from the Andes Mountains – this spirit brands prides itself on looking after all of its suppliers in its global chains, from farmers and distillers to the final consumer.
50ml FAIR. Vodka
20ml lemon Juice
10ml homemade strawberry syrup
100ml sparkling water
- To make a strawberry syrup is easy. Wash a cup of strawberries and chop.
- Sprinkle over 1 half cup of granulated sugar. Leave for an hour and mash.
- Add everything to a pan with half a cup of water. Gently warm until the sugar is melted and the strawberries fragrant.
- When cooled, pour through a sieve into a jar and store in the fridge for a week.
- To make the Strawberry Hi Ball Cocktail – add the vodka, strawberry sryup and lemon juice to a tall glass filled with ice.
- Give a quick stir and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a strawberry and lemonbalm sprig.