This delicious vegan friendly courgette tart will make the perfect centrepiece for any special meals this Veganuary.
Recipe from Lily Ghodrati for Rubies in the Rubble.
Let us know if you try this recipe in the comments below.
200g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
135g coconut oil and more for brushing
100ml cold water
2 tbsps of Rubies in the Rubble Aquafaba mayo
1tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1-2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a bowl. Put it in the freezer for 15 mins.
- Remove from the freezer and rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil at a time, rubbing the oil into the flour with cold fingers until you get a kind of meal.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of cold water into the mixture and gently stir to combine. Keep adding the water one tablespoon at a time, until the dough starts to come together. You may need to add a bit more or a bit less water.
- Shape the dough into a disc and wrap with cling film. Place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes, while making the filling.
- Whisk together the mayo, mustard and thyme.
- In another bowll toss the courgettes with olive oil and season.
- Preheat the oven to 200C or Gas Mark 6.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll between two sheets of greaseproof paper until it’s around an 11 inch circle. Trim off any extra bits of pastry to make it a neat circle.
- Spread the mayo mix in a thin layer around the pastry leaving a 1 inch border around the edge.
- Arrange the courgette slices in overlapping circles on top of the mayo mix.
- Fold over the edges of the pastry.
- Melt half a tablesppon of coconut oil in the microwave and brush over the pastry edges.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the edges are golden and the courgettes are cooked.