Sticking with the garland theme, replace tinsel and fairy lights with a popcorn and cranberry garland.
These are perfect to wrap around your Christmas tree this year.
Making a Popcorn Garland
Cranberries / dried cranberries
Needle and thread
- First pop the kernels. Save one bowl for the DIY and one bowl to snack on while you’re making it.
- Lay out the popcorn and cranberries in the pattern that you want to follow. It’s easier to start and finish with a piece of popcorn.
- Take a length of thread that’s a little longer than the length you want the garland.
- Push the needle and thread through the first piece of popcorn and then wrap it around and tie a loose, but secure, double knot.
- Continue to thread through your pieces of popcorn and cranberries in the pattern that you’ve chosen.
- Once you’ve reached the last piece of popcorn, thread it through and then tie the string back around and into a double knot as you did with the first.
- You can wrap your popcorn garland around the tree as you would with tinsel and it’ll last the whole season