Make this refreshing summer gin cooler – it makes a great change from the ol’ G&T and uses the best of seasonal fruit.
Make the syrup ahead of time, and then these drinks are quick to assemble and oh so easy to drink.
Making your own rhubarb syrup is simple and it will last for weeks in the fridge.
The lime juice here really brings out the green pine notes in the Isle Of Harris gin which is made on the Scottish island, better know for its Tweed.
For more easy summer cocktail recipes click here.
150g rhubarb stalks
150g granulated sugar
25m Isle of Harris gin
50ml rhubarb syrup
10ml lime juice
100ml soda water
- To make the rhubarb syrup, slice the rhubab stalks into 2cm pieces.
- Add them to a pan of water and bring it to the boil.
- Simmer until the rhubarb becomes a pulp like consistency.
- Cool and strain into a Pyrex dish.
- Stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Pour into a bottle and chill in the fridge until you need it.
- To make the cocktail, put all of the ingredients except the soda water into a highball glass.
- Top it up with ice cubes and pour in the soda water.
- Give it a gentle stir and add a rhubarb stalk and lime wedge.