Loaded fries are what we need to get through the colder, winter nights stuck at home and this vegan loaded fries recipe means everyone can join in the fun. Rustle up some bowls of these finger-licking vegan comfort food, stream a blockbuster and make like it’s the movies.
Want something healthy to go with it? Try one of these new no alcohol drinks options.
Thanks to Farmdrop for sharing this super delicious recipe with us. Check them out for your ethically sourced food shopping.
Want to go vegan when it comes to fashion and beauty too?
Did you make the recipe? Let us know in the comments below or give it a rating!
- 3-4 large potatoes
- 1 large vine tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 jalapenos or chopped green chillies
- A small handful coriander
- A few tsps Kinda Co. Vegan Nacho Dip
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbsps vegetable or sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Peel the potatoes and cut into skinny fries, soak in a bowl of cold water and put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil.
- Once the water reaches a rolling boil discard the starchy soaking water and par-boil the fries for 5 minutes. Drain and leave to steam dry for a few minutes in a colander or large sieve.
- Drizzle the oil onto a large baking tray and heat up for a few minutes in the oven. Carefully tip a couple of the fries onto the oil (they should go in with a sizzle, if not heat the oil a bit more before adding the rest of your fries as this helps the chips get crispy). Sprinkle generously with salt and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy, giving them a toss and mix around halfway through.
- While they are cooking prepare the toppings – finely chop the tomato and red onion and mix together with some salt.
- Peel, de-stone and dice the avocado.
- Finely chop the jalapenos.
- Once the fries are cooked pile into a dish and top with the tomato salsa, avocado, chopped chillies, and add teaspoonfuls of the nacho cheese and finish with roughly torn coriander leaves.